Thursday, July 30, 2015

IPSY Review July 2015

Ipsy is a monthly subscription where you receive 5 full size or deluxe sample sized products in a cute make-up bag each month. It costs $10. You can get yours by clicking here.

When you first sign up you take a style quiz, which helps determine what variation of the bag you'll receive each month. Once you get your bag you can review the items, and that also helps determine what you will get in each of the following months. I dont know how much I believe this. My bag seems to be random. I seem to get products and colors that I've repeatedly said that I dont like. My personal belief is that the bags are more random than they tell you. 

And yes, I've been told that if I dont like what I get in my bag I should just cancel, but I love the surprise, and I do enjoy trying out the new products. Sometimes I get something that looks like I'd never use it and then I end up loving it. Also, I chose to pay for my full year upfront, so there's no point in canceling when I've already paid for it. Anyways, done with my rant and on to this months bag!

The theme was Summer Lovin', which is pretty fun.

The first product that I received was HD Powder by City Color ($3.49). It's a loose powder thats meant to be put on after all your other makeup. It sets it, fills in lines, and just gives you more matte look. I'm excited to see how this turns out. I have pretty oily skin, so it might be good to have on hand.  

The next item I received was Cleanance Gel by Eau Thermale Avene ($2.48). This is a soapless cleanser thats supposed to help minimize blemishes. I'm not normally one to switch up my skin care regiment, mainly because I have acne prone skin and I've finally found the right combination of products to help minimize that. I'll probably pass this along to my sister, or a friend who will use it. 

Thirdly I received was Beachy Salt Spray by Coolway ($2). I wont be using this product. At all. I'm just not a fan of salt sprays, or the coolway brand. I've told Ipsy this the many times theyve sent me coolway products, but here I am getting another one. Not cool.

My fourth item was a 2 in 1 eyeliner/ shadow by Jelly Pong Pong ($15.95). I like this. Its a very pretty dark brown / copper shimmer. I dont know if I will use it as an eyeshadow, but I will be using it as a liner. I know that I've said I'm tired of brown eye shadows but this was very pretty, and very pigmented. 

My last item was lip balm by Be A Bombshell ($14). Its not a bad lip balm, if you like lip balm, which I dont. I think I would have liked this product more if I had been sent Ruby instead of French Kiss. French Kiss is a pale pale pink shade, that leaves next to no color once applied. I'm a big fan of bright over the top lipsticks, so this missed the mark for me. It is a decent quality though. 

Overall I think this bag missed the mark completely for me. There's only 1 product that I will actually be using, which is kind of a let down. I keep leaving my reviews and hoping that next month will bring me better results. The overall value of my bag was $37.92. The makeup bag this month was completely adorable. 


Until Next Time, 
Sara 




No comments:

Post a Comment