Thursday, August 6, 2015

Kat Von D Monarch Palette Review and Swatches

I recently purchased the Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by Kat Von D from Sephora ($46). I'm a sucker for pretty packaging, and this one definitely caught my eye. Its just so pretty.


The palette itself feels very sturdy. Its not flimsy at all, which is a good thing. I feel like I could drop it and it would hold up pretty well. I dont have to worry about it getting bumped around if I put it in a drawer, because its solid and wouldnt end up broken. 


See how pretty it is? Its just eye catching. 


The back of the box that the palette came in has the names of the eye shadows listed. I do wish that the names were also printed on the inside of the palette, since I know that I wont keep the box. 


The inside of the palette has a mirror, in case you need to fix your makeup on the go, which is a nice feature. I rarely seem to use the mirrors that come on my makeup products, but its nice to have the option in case I need it. 


The shadows are all richly pigmented, and have a nice creamy formula. When I applied them they went on with ease. It didnt take more than a swipe to get a solid amount of color. They also blended with ease. 


From top to bottom: Entomology (matte), Telepathy (super shimmer), Tiny Death (slight sparkle)

These three colors are extremely light base colors. They were intended to be used as bases, and they work great for that.


Top to bottom: Wrath, Papilio, Summerfly, Killing Jar, Delaney

These five shades are all shimmer shadows. They're light, but easily layered if you want a more intense look. 


Top to bottom: Vanish, Disintegration, Shadow Box, Deadhead

These shadows are all matte, except disintegration which has a slight shimmer to it. They're more pigmented than the shimmer shadows. 


Overall I love this palette. It has some great colors, and they all go well together. I love that they seem to stay on pretty well, and they are easy to blend. They also dont seem to flake the way other shadows do. 


Until Next Time, 
Sara








No comments:

Post a Comment