Thursday, August 13, 2015

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick

I had seen the Melted lipstick by Too Faced ($21) and wanted to try it for the longest time. It just looked fun, and who doesnt love a fun lipstick? I finally gave in and purchased one from Ulta.


The packaging is nice. It doesnt really look like lipstick, more like a lip gloss, but still. I love it, the packaging that is. 


The applicator is a nice velvet tip. Its really soft. This goes on easily. Its really easy to get it precisely where you want it to be. 

There's no smell, or flavor to this, which seems pretty normal for a lipstick. Though the glossy formula had me expecting something. 


I picked Melted Berry for my shade which is described as a berry red. To me its not really red at all. Its got more of a purple color. 

The description on Sephora's website states "The shine of a gloss, lasting power of a stain, and pigment-packed color of a liquid lipstick, all in one high-impact formula. Bold, long-wearing color glides on cleanly with the precision tip applicator, delivering rich color with staying power." 

It is definitely shiney, and has a ton of pigment. I found that I was able to put a thin layer on for lighter color, or I could layer it on thicker and end up with a deeper color, which is really nice. I didnt find that it was long lasting at all though. I found that it wore off extremely quickly, even when all I was doing was talking, not eating or drinking. My lipsticks that dont claim to be long lasting wear better than this.

I also had a lot of issues with feathering, and always seemed to end up with lipstick on my chin. I'm not really sure how the lipstick managed to migrate all the way down my face, but it seemed to. 

I wore this lipstick several times because I love the color, and I love how quickly I can put it on. But I dont think that I will be buying it again, which has me kind of sad. I really wanted to love this lipstick but it just didnt wear well at all. I dont have the patience to constantly check if there's lipstick on my chin. And I dont want to go around all day looking like either I dont know where my lips are or like a clown. 

Maybe my next lipstick test will go better. I really want to find a liquid lipstick that I like, if only because the liquid seems to apply easier. And generally requires no liner.

Until Next Time,
Sara






No comments:

Post a Comment