Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Working Out Is Hard

I'm finding that working out is a whole lot harder than I had thought it was going to be. I has assumed that I could write down a plan and then I would just do it. But I have found that its really not that easy. It should be, and it would be great if it was but it really isn't. My list of excuses is pretty long, and it seems that every day I add more to the list of reasons why I just cant do it.

Lets see here I cant workout because:

1. I just ate.
2. I'm tired.
3. I just showered.
4. I'm hungry.
5. I have chores to do.
6. I have to check my e-mail.
7. I have work to do.
8. I need to check the mail.
9. The kids want to go to the park.
10. The cats want to play.
11. I have to clean out the fridge.

Ive even chosen to fold laundry over working out, which says how far I go to avoid it. Normally I will do anything to get out of having to fold laundry. Its the one chore that I really really don't ever want to do it, but Ive chosen it over working out. It seems extremely easy to come up with reasons why I should just skip my workout and do something else. I always promise myself that I'm going to do the workout the next day, or that Ill do it later, and I almost never follow through. Its just so much easier to do anything else. 

I still haven't figured out why I keep avoiding it. I just do. Its hard work. I want to be in shape. I want to take better care of myself. Theres so many reasons why I want, and need to work out and get in shape. I'm so over weight and I need to take better care of myself. I want to do this. I hate that I always get side tracked. I hate that I always say that I'm going to do it and that I always let myself down. I'm not proud of the fact that I don't do it. 

I'm starting over, again. This probably wont be the last time that I fall off wagon and then have to start over. I'm learning that the failure is part of the journey though. I have to keep trying and I have to keep moving forward. I have to do this. This time I already have my schedule made, and Ive already thought of my excuses and the reason that they aren't valid. I'm hoping that Ive done a better job of setting myself up for success this time. 

So heres to starting over. 

 




As of July 30th my measurements were:

Waist- 49inches
Chest- 39 inches
Left Arm- 14 inches
Right Arm- 13.5 inches
Left Thigh- 27.5 inches
Right Thigh- 27.5 inches
Hips- 48 inches
Weight- 187.8lbs


Until Next Time,
Sara





No comments:

Post a Comment